The recently opened Kroc Center in Greenville is a major indicator of the kind of place that Greenville is. One of 10 centers funded by the Joan Kroc Foundation nationally, the Kroc Center is a $53 million state of the art community center that states as its goals to:
- Create a family friendly environment that focuses on education, recreation, mentoring, and wholesome family values while keeping in touch with the Army’s mission of spreading the Gospel
- Provide a Community Center, of the highest quality, that focuses on unmet needs of the surrounding community
- Further enhance the lifestyle of Greenville County residents
- Bring organizations of national reputation to the Greenville Community
- Bring tournament ready facilities to the Greenville Community
Consider the significance of this wonderful facility in the context of Liz Gould’s work on the influence that enriched environments have on brain development. Reflect for a moment – bringing consciousness – on the vision of Max Heller and his commitment: “doing better for all people”.
This says a lot about this place.